As many ideas as I have going through my head at 100 miles per hour, I know that I just need to prioritize based on two things:
1. What do I need to have done before I move in?
2. What just makes sense to do before furniture gets in the way.
Here are the things that I want to do before we officially move in and start living in our house:
1. Remove the ugly carpet, foam, staples, and tack boards in the master bedroom
2. Remove the linoleum in the kitchen
3. Patch the living room seam and refinish the hardwood floors throughout the house
4. Paint the rooms and trim
5. Deep clean and paint the kitchen cabinets. Install appliance (including outlet needed for electric oven)
6. Deep clean the bathroom
Ideally, I would love to get all of this done before Christmastime. I am aiming to be done one or before 12/21.
The first weekend will be dedicated to 1-3 and maybe 6. The next two weekends will be dedicated to numbers 3 and 4. The last weekend will be for completing everything on the above list that just not get done during our first three weekends.
All of the above repairs are cosmetic. There are also a couple of un-sexy things we should prioritize, like getting new insulation for the attic, tarring a couple minor cracks in the concrete on the side of the house, and diverting the way the water flows when you turn on the back hose bib. As it stands now, the water collects right at the edge of the house and it has caused some minor basement moisture that just needs to be addressed.